RESOLUTION OF THE TOWN OF LEO-CEDARVILLE DESIGNATING ALTERNATE PURCHASING AGENTS FOR TOWN COUNCIL
RESOLUTION NO. 2012-05
WHEREAS, the Leo-Cedarville Town Council previously adopted an ordinance entitled “Purchasing Ordinance”, Ord. No. 2012-2 , which designated the Leo-Cedarville Town Council as the Purchasing Agency for the Town and designated the Town Manager as the Purchasing Agent for the Town subject to the provisions of the Indiana Public Purchasing Law I.C. 5-22 et. seq; and
WHEREAS, such ordinance authorizes the Town Council to change the designation of Purchasing Agent or to designate additional purchasing agents as necessary; and
WHEREAS, the Town Council has determined that it is in the best interest of the Town to designate alternate Purchasing Agents to act as purchasing agents for the Town in the event that the Town Manager is incapacitated or otherwise unable to perform her duties as Purchasing Agent.
NOW THEREFORE, be it resolved by the Town Council for the Town of Leo-Cedarville that:
1. Designation of Alternate Purchasing Agents: The Leo-Cedarville Town Council hereby designates the Town Council President as the Alternate Purchasing Agent for the Town Manager during any time in which the Town Manager is incapacitated or otherwise unable to perform the functions of Purchasing Agent for the Town. In the event that both the Town Manager and the Town Council President are incapacitated or otherwise unable to perform the functions of Purchasing Agent, then the Vice President of the Town Council shall serve as the Alternate Purchasing Agent for the Town.
2. Incapacity Defined: For purposes of this resolution, the phrase “incapacitated or otherwise unable to perform the functions of Purchasing Agent” shall mean any period of disability, and period of vacation, any period of medical leave or other leave of absence from employment with the Town or office with the Town, or being out of Town and unable to perform the necessary functions of Purchasing Agent for the Town due to such absence.
3. Intent of Resolution: It is the intent of the Town Council that the Town Manager serves as the Purchasing Agent for the Town when possible. When the Town Manager is out of the office for a few days, purchases, contracts and other functions of the Purchasing Agent should be delayed when possible until the Town Manager is available to perform those functions. This resolution is intended to convey purchasing powers to the Town Council President or alternatively the Town Council Vice President, when the Town Manager is unavailable for a prolonged period of time (e.g. a week or more) or for periods when the Town Manager is unavailable and an emergency arises or there is an urgent need for a purchase or contract.
4. Compliance with Other Laws: Any person acting as an Alternative Purchasing Agent under this Resolution shall be subject to and fully comply with the Town’s Purchasing Ordinance as well as the Indiana Public Purchasing Law I.C. 5-22 et. seq.
5. Identity of Town Officers: The Town Council shall elect its President and Vice President at the first meeting of the Town Council each year. As of the date of adoption of this resolution, the Town Council President is John Clendenen and the Town Council Vice President is Tim Richards. Such designations are subject to change at any time as recorded in the minutes of the Town Council and any relevant resolution.
6. Additional Designations: The Town Council retains the right to change this designation or to designate additional purchasing agents as necessary.
Passed and adopted by the Town Council of the Town of Leo-Cedarville, Indiana on this 28th day of February , 2012.
| John Clendenen
| Paul Steffens