|TITLE XV: LAND USAGE|
CHAPTER 150: GENERAL PROVISIONS
|Ord. 2003-04, Zoning for Sale of Fireworks
Ord. 2009-05, Flood Hazard Area
§ 150.01 SWIMMING POOLS.
(A) (1) For the purpose of this section, the following definition shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
POOL. Any constructed pool or portable private pool used for swimming, wading or bathing, over 24 inches in depth of water or with a top water surface area exceeding 250 square feet and which is used or intended to be used as a pool in connection with a family dwelling unit and is available only to the family of the household and his or her private guests.
(2) All portable pools of less than 24 inches in depth of water or less than 250 square feet of top water surface area shall be exempt from the requirements of this section.
(3) A responsible person shall be in attendance when a pool is in use by an infant or child.
(4) No person shall construct or install a pool without having first applied for and obtained Zoning and Planning Administrator approval. The application shall be accomplished by plans and specifications in duplicate and in sufficient detail showing:
(a) Pool dimensions;
(b) Type construction; and
(c) Pool fencing.
(5) All pools are to be kept in a clean and sanitary condition.
(`96 Code, § 4.5-2)
(B) (1) Every pool shall be completely surrounded by a fence or wall not less than five feet in height, which shall be so constructed as not to have openings, holes or gaps larger than four inches in any dimension except for doors and gates. If a picket board or other like fence is erected or maintained, the distance between members thereof shall not exceed four inches. A dwelling house or accessory building may be used as part of the enclosure.
(2) All gates or door openings through the enclosure shall be equipped with a self-closing and self-latching device for keeping the gate or door securely closed and locked at all times when not in use.
(`96 Code, § 4.5-2-1) Penalty, see § 10.99